Leonel Ruiz is a civil litigator with experience in both defense and plaintiffs’ practice. Leonel’s practice includes construction litigation, personal injury, property damage litigation, and commercial litigation.
Leonel was born and raised in El Paso, Texas, where he lived until he finished his undergraduate degree—a triple major B.A. in Political Science, Psychology, and Creative Writing with honors. Leonel then moved to Phoenix, Arizona, where he taught 8th Grade Social Studies as part of Teach for America; he also got his Master’s Degree in Secondary Education from Arizona State University. From here, Leonel moved to Austin, Texas, to get his Juris Doctor from the University of Texas School of Law. During law school, Leonel served as an officer for the Chicano Hispanic Law Student Association (CHLSA) and was editor in chief of the Texas Hispanic Journal of Law and Policy.
Leonel’s main practice is in New Mexico, but he is also licensed to practice in Texas, Colorado, and Arizona. Moreover, Leonel is fluent in Spanish—college level—and conversational Bulgarian.
- University of Texas School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2016
- Arizona State University, Masters in Education, 2013
- University of Texas- El Paso, Bachelor of Arts (with honors), 2011
- Federal Western District of Texas
- New Mexico
- Federal District of New Mexico
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- University of Texas School of Law Recruiting Committee (2016-2021)
- Big Brothers/ Big Sisters El Paso Board Member (2017-2020)
- General Liability Insurance Defense
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Transportation & Trucking
- Business Tort Litigation
- Products Liability Defense
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Casualty Defense
Contact Leonel today by calling (602) 483-6352.