Benjamin Hodgson is a partner of Righi Fitch Law Group. He is an attorney with over 15 years of insurance defense experience and has represented architects, engineers, surveyors, and design builders in complex litigation and commercial transactions. His other insurance defense practice areas include personal injury, commercial litigation, construction defect litigation, and construction design litigation.
Benjamin has tried multiple cases in courts throughout the state of Arizona. One case, in particular, went all the way to the Arizona Supreme Court. In that case, Benjamin represented a land surveyor who allegedly failed to account for material that the land developer had to remove, thus causing the land developer unexpected costs. Benjamin led a successful defense on behalf of the land developer and saved his client around $3 million.
In another case, Benjamin represented an architect who had invested several years in designing a custom, multimillion-dollar home in the Desert Mountain area. Before anything had been built on the land, the landowner sued the architect alleging that his plans and designs were defective. The plaintiff sought to recover everything he had paid to the architect, but Benjamin obtained a defense verdict for his architect client.
Benjamin is a native of Arizona and has also lived in several European countries. He has a B.A. in Finance and an MBA with a heavy emphasis on accounting and corporate strategy. Benjamin has consulted for several national and international companies and understands the potential financial and business impact of legal issues for his clients.
- Obtained a dismissal for a structural engineering and steel fabricating client, without any payment from the client, against an $18 million claim by a regional supermarket that client had caused a fire at the store
- Obtained a favorable settlement for an insurance broker/agent accused of not providing an insured tire business with a policy that would cover wrongful death claims for allegedly defective tires sold
- Obtained a highly favorable settlement for an insurance broker/agent accused of not providing policy coverage for an insured’s condominium roof leak
- Currently defending a national insurance company on claims for an alleged failure to pay a beneficiary on a life insurance policy
- Currently defending a negligence claim against an insurance broker/agent and national insurer, in which defendants allegedly failed to advise an insured to obtain a personal liability umbrella policy to cover the insured’s negligent actions in Mexico
- Currently defending an Arizona law firm on claims that it assisted a trustee in misappropriating funds from the trust
- Currently defending an insurance broker/agent and company district manager on a claim that he and the insurance company misrepresented and defrauded new brokers/agents about a potential new business opportunity involving the book of business of a retiring agent/broker
- Currently defending an insurance broker/agent and company district manager on a claim that he misrepresented and defrauded a new broker/agent about the value and viability of a book of business being sold by a retiring long-time agent/broker
- University of Michigan Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1997
- University of Michigan School of Business, MBA, 1997
- Arizona State University, Bachelor of Science, Finance, 1993
- U.S. District Court of Arizona
- U.S. District Court of Utah
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Member
Contact Benjamin today by calling (602) 483-6352.