K. Michelle Ronan
Ms. Ronan is an associate attorney at Righi Fitch Law Group. Her current practice includes representing individuals, contractors and businesses in tort and construction litigation, primarily in the areas of construction defect, premises liability, and personal injury.
Growing up in a family of entrepreneurs, Ms. Ronan understands the financial impact litigation can have on Arizona's small businesses. As a result, she strives to resolve her cases at the early stages of litigation. In a recent case, Plaintiff claimed that Defendant's behavior compromised the safety, privacy and reputation of Plaintiff. Despite these claims, Ms. Ronan convinced the court that Plaintiff failed to state a claim upon which relief could be granted and the case was dismissed with prejudice. Ms. Ronan's zealous representation saved her client unnecessary legal fees and costs inherent in complex litigation.
Ms. Ronan currently serves as a member of the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Maricopa County Bar Association, American Bar Association, Arizona State Bar Young Lawyers Division, and the Maricopa County Bar Young Lawyers Division. She also frequently volunteers for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Ms. Ronan received her Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Arizona College of Law in 2011. During her time in law school, she was Vice President of Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity and an active member of the Volunteer Lawyer's Program, the National Lawyers Guild and the Law Women's Association.
In 2007, Ms. Ronan graduated Magna Cum Laude from Arizona State University with a Bachelors of Science in Justice Studies with a supplemental focus in Spanish. During her undergraduate studies, Ms. Ronan interned for the Drug Enforcement Administration and participated in an intensive Spanish language program at the Universidad de Guadalajara.
When Ms. Ronan is not in the office, she enjoys spending time outdoors, playing with her dogs and relaxing with her family.
Areas of Practice
- Tort Litigation
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Arizona, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 2013
- The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
- Juris Doctorate - May, 2011
- Honors: Primavera Men’s Shelter Volunteer
- Honors: Volunteer Lawyer's Program
- Honors: National Lawyers Guild (Primavera Men’s Shelter Volunteer)
- Honors: Law Women’s Association
- Honors: Student Bar Association
- Honors: Child Support Clinic
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- B.S. magna cum laude - May, 2007
- Honors: Arizona State University's Provost Scholarship (Full Tuition)
- Honors: Dean’s List (Fall 2004-Spring 2007)
- Major: Justice and Social Inquiry
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Young Lawyer Division, Member
- State Bar of Arizona, Young Lawyer Division, Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Registration, Co-Chair
- American Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
Past Employment Positions
- University of Arizona College of Law Civil Rights Restoration Clinic, Tucson, AZ, Student Attorney, 2010 - 2011
- Tucson Family Advocacy Program, Tucson, AZ, Legal Intern, 2011
- Drug Enforcement Administration, Phoenix, AZ, Drug Enforcement Intern, 2007
- Phi Alpha Delta