Chris H. Begeman
Mr. Begeman is a partner at Righi Fitch Law Group. Chris is admitted to practice in Arizona and New Mexico. He has successfully handled numerous complex cases and argued motions in the Superior Court and Arizona Court of Appeals. Chris has tried a significant injury case on behalf of a national commercial general contractor. He has handled a wide variety of civil cases, including insurance bad faith, breach of contract, premises liability, personal injury, toxic tort, and construction defect.
Mr. Begeman's current practice includes the representation of individuals, contractors and businesses in tort and construction litigation, primarily in the area of construction defects, complex litigation, professional liability, general liability, insurance bad faith, personal injury and product liability.
Recently, in a large, multi-party toxic tort case Chris obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national home builder. The Plaintiff homeowners claimed that TCE contaminated groundwater, causing stigma damages. Plaintiffs sued a variety of homebuilders, claiming that each had a duty to disclose the existence of the TCE. Chris' argument led to a dismissal of all subsequent purchasers and prevented an eventual class action by the remaining homeowners against any of the builders involved. In another case, Chris utilized a fee shifting strategy to recover $1.3 million from the Plaintiff in a construction defect case. In the case Chris represented a New Mexico general contractor. He advised the contractor to make a strategic settlement offer of $1.3 million. The Plaintiff rejected the offer and trial ensued. After securing a full defense verdict, Chris recovered $1.3 million in defense fees and costs from the Plaintiff.
Mr. Begeman currently serves as a member of the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel's Young Lawyers Division. His specific duties include planning and organizing the annual charity softball tournament. He is also a member of the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel and has assisted with hosting CLEs. He is also a member of Mountain View Presbyterian Church and involved in the young family group. He enjoys spending time with his family, attending sporting events and playing softball.
Areas of Practice
- Contractors and Businesses in Tort Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Complex Litigation
- Professional Liability
- General Liability
- Insurance Litigation and Bad Faith
- Product Liability
- Toxic tort litigation
- Arizona, 2006
- New Mexico, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 2014
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate magna cum laude - 2006
- Law Review: Thomas M. Cooley Law Review, Senior Associate Editor
- Dordt College, Sioux Center, Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts - 2003
- Honors: Varsity Baseball
- Major: History
- “Business Risk Transfer Fundamentals in Uncertain Economic Times”
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Southwest Super Lawyers Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Member
- State Bar of New Mexico, Member
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, 2006 - Present
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel, Young Lawyers Division, Charity Softball Chair, 2008 - Present